On June 1, 2024, your team will be running Leg 31 through Leg 36 on the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey course. This is approximately 30 miles. You will start in Virginia City. This is Exchange Point No. 30 of the RTO course which is the end of Leg 30 and the beginning of Leg 31. You will finish at the Finish Line Festival in Reno.
Start times will be Saturday morning from approximately 5:30 to 9 a.m. depending on your team’s projected total time to complete this relay.
The maximum number of runners that you can have on your team is six (6). For six (6) person teams each runner will run one (1) leg. For three (3) person teams each runner will run two (2) legs. For two (2) person teams each runner will run three (3) legs. You set up your runner line-up for your team. You should run in the order of your line-up. Race178 does not need to receive your line-up.
The race will be capped at 25 teams.
Prize is awarded to the top team.
Key Deadlines for Teams:
- April 1, 2024: Shirt size guarantee and last time to change team name
- May 15, 2024: Online registration will be closed. After this date, any runner changes need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a signed waiver brought to Team Check-in.
We will continue our tradition of providing each captain with something special. Each captain will receive an official Comstock Odyssey Relay captain’s pilsner glass along with a ticket for a complimentary lunch at the Finish Line Festival.
What everyone gets for signing up:
- High quality, attractive and very comfortable technical race shirt (mens and womens sizes).
- High quality and attractive race bag of some sort (examples from the past include utility / grocery bag, drawstring bag and lunch bag).
- Unique finisher’s medal only for Comstock runners.
- Finish Line Festival with delicious food and cold brews for sale along with music and a variety of vendors. This is a very lively scene where runners hang out and swap stories about the adventures that they just experienced and the accomplishment that they just achieved!
- A complimentary beer for every runner! Be sure to finish by 4 p.m. when our beer vendors are in full beer pouring mode.
Critical RulesCritical Rules you need to know before the race